Keyboard problems: nothing happens when I type

Subject: Keyboard problems: nothing happens when I type
From: Patrick Smith (patsmith@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 13:43:43 MDT

I just bought a new keyboard (Adesso IntelliMedia Pro), and can't get it
to work with YDL 2.0. When I type on the keyboard, nothing happens.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and what I could do
about it?

Some details: I'm using a G4 Cube, with an Apple 17" flat panel
display. The Apple keyboard that came with the system works fine under
YDL (but I want a split keyboard!). The Adesso keyboard works under
MacOS, at the bootloader prompt, and at the Linux kernel prompt. But it
doesn't work once YDL is up and running.

I've tried the keyboard in all four USB sockets - the two on the cube
itself, and the two on the monitor. I've also tried disconnecting the
flat panel display and using a VGA monitor instead. Nothing seems to
help.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

--
patsmith@pobox.com