Re: MOL with YDL v1.2.1

Subject: Re: MOL with YDL v1.2.1
From: ABrady (kcsmart@kc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 23:57:43 MDT

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:53:13 +0200 Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm>
imparted to us:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to build the mol-0.9.58-1.src.rpm on a YDL v1.2.1 system
> running Linux v2.4.7.
>
> The build fails complaining about a missing header file called
> "libelf/libelf.h". This file is nowhere on the system, and nowhere in
> the Linux kernel. I've looked for a list of dependancies and cannot
> find
> any... where should this file come from?
>
> Anyone else got it to work?

I monitor this because I installed YDL on a MAC for my wife. I'm using
X86 RH7.1 instead. I also believe, but may be wrong, that YDL has
origins with RH somehow.

According to my system:

$ locate libelf.h
/usr/include/libelf/libelf.h
$rpm -qf /usr/include/libelf/libelf.h
libelf-0.6.4-7

According to the rpm, it's a library for accessing ELF object files.

That's all I can offer. I have no idea if it's available for MACs. It
might be possible to download the source rpm from rpmfind.net or
redhat's ftp site to rebuild it.

--
Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.