RE: netscape vs. mozilla

Subject: RE: netscape vs. mozilla
From: Jason Gan (Jason@hspace.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 00:40:54 MDT

I "tried" to use the plugin on the Yellow Dog Linux 2.0 CD, which happens to
be the same RPM that is downloadable from linuxppc.org.
My version of Konqueror is the one that comes with Yellow Dog Linux 2.0, so
it's 2.1.1. Konqueror "auto-detects" the Netscape plug-ins, and
actually works with Java 1.3.0PL1 (but does not work with Java 1.3FCS) so I
had to try to find the obsolete version because the "new" version doesn't
work.
Shockwave stuff doesn't get displayed on the page.
The version of Mozilla that I've installed is 0.9.2 because this version is
faster than earlier versions but isn't as compatible with other stuff.
(eg. Mozilla doesn't work with either Java or Shockwave, or any other
plug-in.)