Adaptec 2940UW

Subject: Adaptec 2940UW
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 16:01:46 MDT

IS it possible to install YDL directly onto drives running from a 2940UW or
must I install first on a regular drive then add support for the UW?

The reason why I ask is thus, when trying to install on a 9600 with an
Adaptec 2940UW in it, it boots from the first drive with xboot and OS9 on
it, but then when going into the YDL install, it sees the 2 rives attached
and then goes on forever as it looks through all 15 scsi id's and then times
out trying to reset scsi bus 0.0.0.0 or something similar to that -

The thing is, is that the Adaptec is not scsi bus 0, its scsi bus 3

TIA.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com