YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233

Subject: YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233
From: Matt (matths@mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 09:19:07 MDT

Hi,

I have a problem with the YDL distro.
Certains applications are very slow (KMail, KNode, Konqueror, kEdit,
Gnome File Manager, Konsole, and more) and work with it is very painful.

I read the June mailing list archive and saw somes posts from David C.
Hacker and Dan Burcaw, and precisely I have the same problem as David but
not only into the KMail app but on every apps mentionned above.
I've tried what Dan Burcaw said (create a new user, move my .kde
directory, etc...) but the problem still here.

I haven't this problem under the LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 distro.
I'm very disapointed about this because YDL looks like good, even
superior of LinuxPPC.

Anyone got any idea about this ?

--
Matt