Re: YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 10:54:52 MDT

Matt,

I haven't seen the content of LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 but does it use the same
version of kde? Are the applications just slow to load or slow all round?
It would also be helpful for the list if you could supply some details about
your machine ie:

- make and model
- amount of RAM
- type of graphics card
- type of processor
- kernel version.

KDE 2 is noticeably slower than KDE 1 but it's surprising to hear that
performance is so poor.

  Iain