Re: Help with setting up a pop server

Subject: Re: Help with setting up a pop server
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 11:19:08 MDT

Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> PS. Not to start a flame war - but I like sendmail, after reading u on it,
> it's not so hard to configure a secure daemon with it - you have to remember
> that if sendmail receives more hacks then any other MTA it's because it
> moves nearly 90% of the "net's mail.

Not true - a product doesn't become more or less secure simply because
there are more installations of it. A hole is a hole regardless and
sendmail is full of them. Another reason to ditch sendmail is
performance - it ranks pretty much stone last by a long margin.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street