Re: Help with setting up a pop server

Subject: Re: Help with setting up a pop server
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 15:03:05 MDT

Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> Its relevant because people spend more time trying to crack it.

Not true. Crackers focus on whatever is interesting, not on whatever is
popular. But despite that, the vast majority of major MTA installations
run something other than sendmail, so if what you said was true, then
sendmail would get less attention from hackers.

The main MTA targets seem to run either qmail or exim mostly.

> At present,
> accord to the cert advisory, the present version of sendmail is fine.

Till they find the next one. I don't use Windows for the same reason I
don't use sendmail - the advisories come in too often for the risk to be
acceptable.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon