Re: Help with setting up a pop server

Subject: Re: Help with setting up a pop server
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 18:14:30 MDT

on 8/5/01 6:06 PM, Jim Cole at greyleaf@yggdrasill.net wrote:

> Can someone point me to references discussing the apparently infinite
> number of security holes in sendmail? A quick search for sendmail on
> CERT's site turned up several advisories, the most recent of which are a
> few years old. Also references to studies that show sendmail's performance
> to be deplorable as compared to other packages with equal functionality
> would be appreciated.

Most of the certs refer to very very out dated versions of Sendmail.

I looked at Qmail in a serious way last winter - it seems nice, but no where
near the active number of people keeping it up to date.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com