Re: YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 is very slow on a Wallstreet PB 233
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 04:16:06 MDT

Matt,

I agree with the points made about memory - although I guess with a
PowerBook expansion options are limited.

It would also be worthwhile checking that X is configured correctly. The
latest version of X (4.1) uses the driver "ati" for all the Rage family.
Earlier versions use the driver "r128".

You should find this information in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. The utility
Xautoconfig4 can be used to create a new XF86Config-4 file.

  Iain