Re: Boot-CD doesn't contain System Folder?

Subject: Re: Boot-CD doesn't contain System Folder?
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 09:14:08 MDT

on 8/6/01 4:55 AM, Philip Zvar at pzvar@hotmail.com wrote:

> After creating the YDL-2.0 CD from the iso image my B&W G3 (this is a New
> World Rom, no?) won't boot up from the CD, not even when holding the C-key
> or selecting the CD as a Start-up Disk in the control panel (I get an
> error-message on screen, which I can't recall at this moment).
> It seems that the iso image contains two partitions; 'YDL-2.0' and 'PPC'. I
> only made a CD from the YDL-2.0 partition; correct or not?

I don't think you burned it right - both partitions should be there, if only
the ppc or YDL-2.0 show up you have a problem.

If you are using roxio - simply drag the .iso onto the roxio app and let it
do it's thing from there.

It should show up then as a MacOS/Hybrid CD - and not just a HFS ISO
partition.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com