Re: YDL 2.0 installation weirdness on a 4400

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 installation weirdness on a 4400
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 09:24:11 MDT

on 8/5/01 9:23 AM, Juha Västi at jix@mac.com wrote:

> Umm, sorry for the spam, but I just remembered an thing I think is
> 'worth' mentioning(+ it gives me a reason to post this again :). When
> I boot to linux (using BootX), there are a few lines of text (they go
> away too quickly for me to read them) which are clear, and after they
> go away, the screen flickers to that hard-to-read 195hz refresh rate.

It supports G3 upgrade cards just fine - there is a lil kit with in the
boot-x folder that helps you out, also, Powerlogix's cache control utility
see's that you have boot-x installed and also helps you out.

As far as the boot panic your getting, try turning off the video in the
boot-x options - your kde will be slow since there is no driver for the card
you have, but it shouldn't panic anymore.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com