Re: YDL 2.0 installation weirdness on a 4400

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 installation weirdness on a 4400
From: Juha Västi (jix@mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 10:13:08 MDT

>It supports G3 upgrade cards just fine - there is a lil kit with in the
>boot-x folder that helps you out, also, Powerlogix's cache control utility
>see's that you have boot-x installed and also helps you out.
>
>As far as the boot panic your getting, try turning off the video in the
>boot-x options - your kde will be slow since there is no driver for the card
>you have, but it shouldn't panic anymore.
>
> Robert Brandtjen
> --------------------------------------
> Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
> Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
> www.prometheusmedia.com

Umm, I tried the no video driver-setting, but it didn't help, thanks
for the advice anyway. And I don't get a kernel panic.. atleast I
guess I don't get one (I can't see anything after setting my network
preferences (check my original post). And the G3Cachesetting app
didn't work either, it said I don't have a G3 processor, although I
have a Newer G3 upgrade card (Apple System Profiler says I have a G3
though).

                Juha Västi
   , happy to have gotten to say thanks for the advice.