Re: Installation Problems w/ Package Dependencies

Subject: Re: Installation Problems w/ Package Dependencies
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 11:56:15 MDT

on 8/6/01 11:08 AM, cdowns@amanet.org at cdowns@amanet.org wrote:

> When I go to install ANY
> package, it installs, but then cannot resolve the package dependencies. It
> always just sits and does nothing. I've tried it many times, but still no
> luck. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem - no dependencies are ever found - even though a
"locate <file> produces the necessary library or whatever it is looking for.

I have tried building some apps from source and though they run through
configure and make with out an error, they will not run do to dependency
issues.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com