RE: powerbook 1400c NIC

Subject: RE: powerbook 1400c NIC
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 22:17:28 MDT

Before you get too excited, there's a few problems w/ that PB1400.

1) Some of the CDROM drives (IIRC, the 8X ones) won't let you install
from the CD.
2) PCMCIA support for those does not exist yet, so what NIC to buy is a
moot point. You're limited to using the serial port.
3) I don't believe the PB1400 can use yaboot, so you're going to need a
small HFS partition for a minimum MacOS.

You might want to subscribe to the LinuxPPC on NuBus Macs list. Check
out <http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net> for more info. Some people there
have been talking about writing a PCMCIA driver.

HTH.

Pete
Pete Peters <ppeters914@home.com>
Seattle, Washington, USA