Installation ont 6500/225 fails at network setup

Subject: Installation ont 6500/225 fails at network setup
From: Rich Frueh (rvfrueh@excite.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 11:12:09 MDT

I've looked through the archives, and haven't found my problem, so I guess
I'm forced to ask, though I hate to bug people.

I have a 6500/225, with a Farallon 10/100 PCI card (996, I believe). I
downloaded the ISO for YDL2 and built a CD, on a Windows box. Then I built
a new CD using Nero, since Easy CD won't write Hybrids. <sigh>

Off either CD, I can go through the installation process and configure the
packages, and life is grand, until I hit the network portion. I choose
DHCP, or I configure it by hand, and I have issues. DHCP won't find my DHCP
server. No biggy, yet. Config by hand - as soon as I click on OK, on the
second screen where I name my box and domain, video shuts off, and the
machine hangs. CMD-OPT-PWR is my only choice.

So, hmm, read teh message boards. Stick in my Jaz disk, and a floppy, try
again, after re-formatting. Same. Hmm. Boot no-video, text mode. This
time, instead of the video dying, I get fatal errors in netconfig.

Burn new CD off of ISO. Same.

Today I'm downloading ISOs again, to see if that helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich Frueh
-- Just imagine a really neat quote here --

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/