Re: Firewalls

Subject: Re: Firewalls
From: Robert Vogt IV (robert@arborhost.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 21:11:00 MDT

        All,

        OK - number 1 - I've had enough of this discussion. Anyone who
wishes to continue this may (of course) but I will not be responding.

        Following are my final thoughts:

> That *is* the point of this thread. Anybody who is going to
> run Linux for a firewall is *NOT* going to run YDL on PowerPC:
> they're going to use cheaper Intel hardware. So why you keep
> hammering away about using Linux for a corporate firewall on a
> mailing list for a Linux distibution that is *NOT* used in
> corporations is beyond me.

                Wrong. Apple produces some of the best-made hardware in
the world. This is why Internet Services companies, such as ArborHost,
use Macs (running YDL) for serving.

        EOT (End of thread)

                        -Robert