Re: YDL: console font ?

Subject: Re: YDL: console font ?
From: Robert Vogt IV (robert@arborhost.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 07:41:58 MDT

        Johan,

> upon booting, my powerbook G4 displays a very small but very readable font,
> which however disappears as soon as the linux kernel kicks in.
>
> can somebody tell me how to restore that font under linux ?

        Are you referring to the Open Firmware font used by yaboot? If so
- the Linux kernel overwrites the 'default' font with its own... you can
either comment out that section of the kernel (which may not be the
correct solution) or see which of the default installed fonts is
closest. Try using Terminal in an X session and playing w/ the font
controls. Once you figure out which font it is, you should be able to set
the kernel to use it (don't remember the exact command at the moment).

        Hope this helps.

                        -Robert Vogt IV