Problems installing on 6500/225; more info

Subject: Problems installing on 6500/225; more info
From: Rich Frueh (rvfrueh@excite.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 16:25:27 MDT

OK, I've tried it with several different CDs burned off of several sites, so
it's either not the ISO, or there is something systemic wrong with the ISO.
(doubtful)

Everything works fine until I select network configuration on the install.
Either X or no-video, same thing happens, but in X mode, I don't see the
errors, I just lose all video, and the machine hangs.

In text mode I get a page of:

IOError [ErrNo2]

no such file or directory
/tmp/root/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-etho0

  File "./network.py", line 490 in WriteNetworkConfig
f=open(os.path.join(self.installpath,'etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-'+dev),'w')

File ".network.py", line 66 in write sefl.writenetworkconfig()

File ".network.py", line 55 in configure self.write

File "template.py", line 56 in __call__ return self.configure(args)

My options are Quit, Continue, or Debug, at this point. Continue doesn't do
anything except bring up more script errors later on in the process. Quit
reboots, and Debut doesn't help me.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Rich
-- Just imagine a really neat quote here --

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/