Re: Where is the default Apache web root folder in YDL

Subject: Re: Where is the default Apache web root folder in YDL
From: Bacil D. Warren, Lead Programmer (quixotic_raindrop_sw@mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 17:07:51 MDT

on 8/8/01 5:33 AM, Max Smith <mls326w@smsu.edu> is purported to have said:

> I'd like to configure my drive with a separate partition for the Apache
> web root folder. In my experience, different distributions have
> different default setups (some put the folder path at /home/www or
> /var/www, for instance.
>
> I need to know where the root folder will be so I can set up my
> partitions and mount points. Can anyone who already has YDL installed
> take a look at their Apache configuration file and let me know?
>
> Thanks

IMS, it's /usr/local/apache/htdocs. Unfortunately, I'm in Mac OS right now
so I can't check ... However, it is also possible (and for some, might be
easier) to tell Apache where to go (as it were) with either a command line
switch or the DocumentRoot directive in the (an) httpd.conf file. For the
first method, try:

    <path_to_httpd>/httpd -d <Server_Root_Directory>

As your command line.

For the second method:
    open httpd.conf (will be in the <path>/conf directory, most likely)
    locate the DocumentRoot directive. There might be several, but the one
    you're looking for is _not_ in a <VirtualHost></VirtualHost> block.
    set the DocumentRoot to whatever location you want your html root
    directory to be; eg
        DocumentRoot /mySpecialMountPoint/website/documents

Note: this is an alternate option to the answer to your question,
unfortunately not an answer (since I can't reboot immediately to check).

--
Bacil D. Warren, CNA
Lead Programmer, CEO