Re: Apache Virtual Hosts Help

Subject: Re: Apache Virtual Hosts Help
From: Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan (fringe@shore.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 00:00:09 MDT

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Brian Watson wrote:
>I'm having some trouble getting Apache named based virtual hosts to
>work. I have DNS configured, but every valid alias record just
>points to the default page I have setup, which is located in
>/var/www/html/.
>
>I'm trying to get test a working:
>
>http://test.majuki.com, which should point to the equivalent of
>http://www.majuki.com/bark/, is only pointing to the equivalent of
>www.majuki.com. I have the DocumentRoot for test.majuki.com set to
>/var/www/html/bark. Perhaps my syntax for the virtual host is
>incorrect. I am fairly certain I have DNS configured correctly, but
>this might also be the case. Is there some feature that I've
>forgotten to enable in httpd.conf?
>
>--Brian

I found that, while not explicit in the manual at apache.org, I had to have
Listen commented out in order for NameVirtualHost and Virtual Hosts in
httpd.conf to work properly. YMMV.

Fringe
Matthew Duhan fringe@shore.net http://shell2.primushost.com/~fringe
When I want my opinions I'll ask me for them.
WWW, HTML, VR, MOO, HRSFA, TMBG, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
I haven't lost my mind. I know it's around here somewhere...