Re: More about Virtual Hosts...

Subject: Re: More about Virtual Hosts...
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 01:37:42 MDT

Did you use the full path as shown below (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd)? There
is likely a different httpd in your path (/usr/sbin/httpd). If you simply
executed 'httpd stop', chances are you executed the wrong thing and the
daemon wasn't actually stopped. If you executed the correct script, you
should have seen output that looked something like

Shutting down http: [ OK ]

The [ OK ] would be replaced by [FAILED] if you executed the correct
script, but the shutdown for some reason failed.

Jim

Brian Watson's bits of Thu, 9 Aug 2001 translated to: