RE: VNC Server

Subject: RE: VNC Server
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 18:30:47 MDT

I don't have KDE, Gnome, or the X window system installed. Are the X
window components necessary in order to run VNC? I just want to be
able to connect and have full control over a system w/ VNC. Telnet
doesn't allow access to some of the system commands, whereas VNC is
like you're actually at the terminal.

--Brian