Re: Mounting ATA Drive with Sonnet Tempo

Subject: Re: Mounting ATA Drive with Sonnet Tempo
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 02:13:25 MDT

Christian,

I have a Sonet ATA card in my Mac. The boot messages aren't terribly
helpful other than to provide confirmation that the driver is loading OK. I
assume that the Sonnet card is the only IDE host in your system.

 You need to do pdisk -l /dev/hda (or pdisk -l /dev/sdb if the drive's on
the other connector). This will give you the partition map for the drive.
If you formatted the drive under MACOS you should see something like:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/hda'
 #: type name length base ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1
 2: Apple_Driver43*Macintosh 54 @ 64
 3: Apple_Driver43*Macintosh 74 @ 118
 4: Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh 512 @ 192
 5: Apple_Patches Patch Partition 512 @ 704
 6: Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Unreserved 1 8192000 @ 1216 ( 3.9G)
 7: Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Unreserved 2 49825718 @ 8193216 ( 23.8G)
 8: Apple_HFS untitled 3 614400 @ 58018934 (300.0M)
 9: Apple_Free Extra 10 @ 58633334

The Apple_UNIX_SVR2 partitions are the ones I use for linux. Hence I mount
them with the numbers on the left ie /dev/hda6 and /dev/hda7.

  Iain