Re: oppenoffice 63 - can't get it to open with users besides root

Subject: Re: oppenoffice 63 - can't get it to open with users besides root
lewis@napanet.net
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 01:14:47 MDT

If you logged in as root and typed ./setup you got
a single user install for 'root'

If you want users to share the executable there is a two stage process.
You need to do the main install as root (OO calls it "net" install)
./setup -net
Installs all the shared files in /opt (or wherever)
Then each user must login and run setup again
/opt/openoffice60/program/setup
This puts the user config and start files in $HOME

There may still be some bugs in the "net" install, if it doesn't
work right you have to install the whole thing in each users
home directory,
Be careful when you remove the install, OO installs hidden files
in users $HOME directory (and for 'root')

Stephen Lewis