Installing YDL on G4 with LCD Display

Subject: Installing YDL on G4 with LCD Display
From: Jerry Schmidt (loafer.jerry@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 08:09:11 MDT

Greetings to the list,

I am a LINUX newbie. I have a G4 DP 500Mz with 512 mb memory,dual
40Gb IDE drives. I have an Apple 15" LCD display It is the first
model that came out with an AGP slot Rage 128 card. I can and have
installed YDL 2.0 using a CRT type monitor with no problems. I tried
the fix in the install pamphlet " Linux video=aty128fb:vmode:14'"
this did not work. The display works fine as long as I stay in the
terminal text mode. When I try to start a GUI the display turns off
.The power light goes from green to amber. Any suggestions for help
will be appreciated.

What little I have seen of Linux looks very fast and interesting. Mac
OS10 is a snail compared to Linux.