RE: Suggestions for a Wintel Client for remote connections

Subject: RE: Suggestions for a Wintel Client for remote connections
From: Ruprecht, Chris (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 11:56:16 MDT

The best one is SecureCRT from www.vandyke.com, but it's not free, it
costs $99. They have an unsecure client as well, which sells for about
$35 (I think). They have a 30 day tril period, after which you have to
uninstall and then re-install.

You can get NetTerm for free if you can live with 'Please register'
messages.

There is PuTTY, which is a secure client, but I kept on crashing on my
machine, I can not recommend it, but it's free.
There is also 'Reflections' from, I think WQR ... but it kept on sucking
my Wintel machine out of memory. I eventually replaced it with
SecureTTY.

This is about it...