RE: YDl on 6400/180?

Subject: RE: YDl on 6400/180?
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 15:46:47 MDT

Not sure, but a couple of observations (those in the know, please
correct me if I'm wrong!):

- 16MB ram???? I believe you need at least 32MB. ---->Hey YDL folks!!!
Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot find a minimum system requirements section
on the web site and/or install guide.

- speaking of the install guide
<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/guide_to_install.shtml>, did you
read that?

- Unless you really need a lot from MacOS, I'd create a smaller HFS
partition for a minimum MacOS install. 1GB for Linux is going to be
barely enough, especially if you want X and/or development stuff (and
almost everyone ends up needing the development stuff, lol). See this
page <http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/install.shtml> for hard
drive size requirements.

- for answers, you should search the list archives first. Go here
<http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/>, and check the bottom of the page.

HTH

Pete
"We call this principle Plug and Play. Or at least,
Microsoft calls it that because it hasn't got it yet.
In the Mac world we've had it for so long we didn't
even think of giving it a name."
      - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)