Re: G4 with Nvidia video card

Subject: Re: G4 with Nvidia video card
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 16:16:57 MDT

on 8/10/01 4:59 PM, Jonathan Mergy at mergy@natus.com wrote:

>> Does anyone know what is going on? After 6 months, why is there still
>> no video driver for Nvidia? Is this a conspiracy to force all owners
>> of new Macs who want Unix to use Mac OS X instead of Linux? IMHO the
>> present Aqua interface to Mac OS X is unacceptable and that is why I
>> am considering Linux+MOL but Mac OS X 10.1, due in September may be
>> acceptable.
>> Denis Jarvis
>>

> I feel the same way (second paragraph). I have a DualG4 500 with YDL2 and
> MOL and it is the best setup I have ever had.

Well, you can bet on it - Jobs is like that, he gives users a "Unix" OS and
then straddles them with proprietary software solutions - they can't even
use fsck to correct the fs, they will end up with another Symantec solution,
same goes with nearly everything else. If you install anything and or
customize it, Apple deletes it on the next software upgrade, which you no
longer have any choice on what and where it installs - it just over writes
your files.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com