Re: G4 with Nvidia video card

Subject: Re: G4 with Nvidia video card
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 18:42:58 MDT

on 8/10/01 6:41 PM, Timothy A. Seufert at tas@mindspring.com wrote:

> I'm guessing that you haven't actually used MacOS X. User
> preferences (aka customizations) are stored in the user's home
> directory. Software upgrade installers generally do not mess with
> home directories. They just install new versions of software,
> typically under /Library and /Applications.

I'm betting that I have - in fact, I provided the machine that Jamie built
the OSX 10.x webmin client on.

Go ahead, customize your httpd.conf file and then let software update update
your system from 10.0.03 to 10.0.0.4.

Also try to login afterward- see if netinfo remembers you, there is a 50-50
chance it won't. I know, install OpenSSH and see if works with other systems
afterward.

Httpd.conf is stored in /etc along with all the other system wide
configuration files. Not in /Library or /Applications.

My OSXS 1.2 box is still kicking out about 500,000 hits per month and 250
emails for 10 domains per hour.

Care to guess again ?

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services