Need Help w/ gcc compiler

Subject: Need Help w/ gcc compiler
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 20:39:33 MDT

[root@dns qpopper4.0.3]# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

I'm trying to setup qpopper, and I get this error...

I installed the make rpm off of the YellowDog CD, so make sets turned
from a no to a yes... But I still don't see why the gcc computer
doesn't work. What rpm's do I need installed?

I did the following:

[root@dns qpopper4.0.3]# locate gcc
/usr/lib/gcc-lib

and

[root@dns qpopper4.0.3]# which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

Can someone please help me with this error? Thanks.

--Brian