Re: copying files from MacOS 9.0 to YellowDog Linux

Subject: Re: copying files from MacOS 9.0 to YellowDog Linux
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 13:51:10 MDT

On Saturday 11 August 2001 02:09, you wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but now more questions!

These questions are not for me personally, and should be directed to a
mailing list where many people can answer them.

It's also an extremely good idea to include message history (like I am right
now) so that other people can figure out what you're talking about.

> Should I not be using
> hmount to mount the MacOS 9.0 disk to the yellowdoglinux drive? Is there
> another command to use (like hfsmount?)? I assume a MacOS 9.0 disk is
> formatted as HFS+? Is that the default, because I don't think I did
> anything special when I installed MacOS 9.0.

As I said before, read the contents of the "Where_have_all_my_files_gone"
file. Again, your disk is HFS+, and you're trying to mount it as HFS.

> Also, you mentioned hfsplusutils. That utility does not seem to be on the
> CS1.2 disk. Did you have to download a package to be able to mount a HFS+
> formatted disk (which I am now assuming is formatted as HFS+)?

hfsplusutils is part of YDL2, or can be downloaded from penguinppc.org (see
the link in the left column).

-Hollis