Re: OS X GUI (was G4 with Nvidia video card)

Subject: Re: OS X GUI (was G4 with Nvidia video card)
From: Nick (Spunky Cadaver) (spunkycadaver@mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 14:07:44 MDT

>>If you install anything and or
>>customize it, Apple deletes it on the next software upgrade, which you no
>>longer have any choice on what and where it installs - it just over writes
>>your files.
>
>I'm guessing that you haven't actually used MacOS X. User
>preferences (aka customizations) are stored in the user's home
>directory. Software upgrade installers generally do not mess with
>home directories. They just install new versions of software,
>typically under /Library and /Applications.
>
>--
>Tim Seufert

Hes talking about custom modifications of the OS (which do change
back on a software update and is very irritating). Apple doesnt want
us tweeking our GUIs.

--
01001110011010010110001101101011

"Windows 2000 not found: (C)heer, (P)arty, (D)ance?"

"Macintosh -- we might not get everything right, but atleast we knew the century was going to end."

Spunky Cadaver Nick Shaff http://shade.cit.cornell.edu palace://shade.cit.cornell.edu ICQ - 5473298 AIM - Spunky Cadaver