Re: Adding paths..?

Subject: Re: Adding paths..?
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 15:21:39 MDT

Yes, my /etc/profile PATH variable looks like this:

PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/jdk/bin"

Of course if you don't have anything in /usr/local then you don't need
to change anything here. The only user that should have access to
/sbin is root, for reasons of security. root automatically has
/sbin as the first thing in it's path.

--- Sean