Proftpd questions...

Subject: Proftpd questions...
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 21:24:17 MDT

Is proftpd similar to tftpd in the system services portion of setup?
I have tftpd selected to startup at system boot time, but it fails to
do so. In the proftpd.conf I have this:

ServerName "ProFTPD"
ServerType inetd
DefaultServer on

When I try to execute proftpd, it says:

bigred.majuki.com - Fatal: Socket operation on non-socket
bigred.majuki.com - (Running from command line? Use `ServerType
standalone' in config file!)

I changed the server type to standalone, but then I can't control it
with xinetd. I want ftp to startup automatically when the computer
starts up, but it isn't. Can anyone point out what the problem might
be? Thanks.

--Brian