Qpopper

Subject: Qpopper
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 21:50:28 MDT

Well, I was reading the Qpopper guide and following the installation
instructions. The file itself compiled alright, and I copied the
popper executable to /usr/local/lib, as the manual said. Now,
instead of adding the line:

pop3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/lib/popper qpopper -s

in the xinetd.conf file as the manual said, I added a file called
qopper, which contained:

service pop3
{
         flags = REUSE
         disable = no
         socket_type = stream
         wait = no
         user = root
         server = /usr/local/lib/popper qpopper -S
}

This is equivalent, correct?

However, when I restarted xinetd, I did a port scan on my server, and
it showed no activity on port 110. Is qpopper supposed to be running
already, or do I need to configure more files first? I would
appreciate a response, because I don't want to get in too deep if I'm
heading down the wrong track. :)

--Brian