Developer install was Re: Sendmail help

Subject: Developer install was Re: Sendmail help
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 22:20:07 MDT

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Brian Watson wrote:
>I had the same problem... I chose the server installation package, but
>that is lacking almost all of the packages that are needed in order to
>compile and install a lot of these software packages.

 This is my biggest complaint with YDL 2.0. The only package (other than
'Everything') that has all the compiler tools is the 'Development
Workstation'. This effectively makes all the others useless for everyone
except the most casual user. Even a linux newbie is going to need to
compile something sooner or later, if not, I'm not sure why they would be
using Linux at all.

 My wish for YDL2.1 is either a 'Base/Minimal install with development
tools' or a way to select individual packages like what earlier versions
had (and every other linux distro I have seen).

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada