Re: Qpopper

Subject: Re: Qpopper
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 22:39:48 MDT

on 8/12/01 10:50 PM, Brian Watson at bcwatso1@uiuc.edu wrote:

> However, when I restarted xinetd, I did a port scan on my server, and
> it showed no activity on port 110. Is qpopper supposed to be running
> already, or do I need to configure more files first? I would
> appreciate a response, because I don't want to get in too deep if I'm
> heading down the wrong track. :)

Qpopper, unless installed as a standalone server, only responds when a
client connects to the 110 port - just like ftp.

If you connect while you have ktop running, it will show up - it should also
show up in the system log - to watch it type: less +F /var/log/messages

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com