Re: close to giving up on YDL 2

Subject: Re: close to giving up on YDL 2
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 02:15:34 MDT

Ake,

The other day, Dan gave this link for the kernel:

http://www.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/kernel-2.4.8/

... otherwise you could build your own using a 2.4.7 source from kernel.org.
The issue of "well roundedness" essentially means that a lot of the options
have been selected - including many you probably do not need.

If you already have a YDL 2.4.x kernel source installed, you can, from the
kernel source directory do "make menuconfig" and then choose the last menu
option to save the kernel configuration to a file. You can then get the new
kernel and load your saved configuration into it. You should check through
the config options and add anything you need.

Build the kernel with make dep; make; make modules; make modules_install and
then copy the vmlinux and System.map files to /boot. If you're using BootX
you also need to copy the vmlinux file to the Linux kernels folder within
the System folder on the MacOS boot drive.

  Iain