Re: Quanta and dependencies

Subject: Re: Quanta and dependencies
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 00:42:22 MDT

Marco Ostini wrote:

> error: failed dependencies:
> libcrypto.so.0 is needed by quanta-2.0-20010216
> libssl.so.0 is needed by quanta-2.0-20010216
>
> Now the annoying part is that openssl is in fact installed, and it
> appears the necessary libraries are there;

The libraries are there, but not with the name "libcrypto.so.0"
unfortunately, which is a bit of a pain. The library symlinks are called
"libcrypto.so.1" instead.

The easiest way to fix this is to go to the directory where
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 lives and create a symbolic link to it called
"libcrypto.so.0". Do the same with libssl too. Then run ldconfig, and
try and install the package with --nodeps.

I think rebuilding the rpm database with rpm --rebuilddb should also
pick up this change, and should allow you to install the package without
needing the --nodeps option - but I am not sure.

I am not sure of the reason why the symlinked library names were changed
from .0 to .1 (and .2) - a better idea might be to rebuild the package
you are trying to install from .src.rpm using rpm --rebuild to make sure
it links up correctly with the version of SSL you have installed.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street