RE: another question about my 6400/180 and YDL 2.0...

Subject: RE: another question about my 6400/180 and YDL 2.0...
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 10:46:24 MDT

Court,

I don't have your original post, but, IIRC, you said your hard drive is
1.5GB. If you don't plan on using MacOS much, just create a small
partition HFS (*NOT* HFS+) partition for a minimum MacOS. Some people
have reported using only a 10MB-20MB partition.

You only need the Finder, the system file, maybe the CD-ROM extension,
and SimpleText (and otherwise empty folders for extensions, preferences,
control panels, etc.) You can add to this if you need networking, but
the goal is to maximize available hard drive space for YDL.

Don't worry about MacOS v9.x. Go w/ 8.1 or 8.6 and you should be fine.

Pete