Problem in installing Yellow Dog Linux 2

Subject: Problem in installing Yellow Dog Linux 2
From: Luis Santos Marques (santosmarques@netcabo.pt)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 11:51:59 MDT

Hello,

I had installed YDL 1.2.1 with no major problems and all was working but now I have downloaded the YDL 2 ISO file from the official site and have burned it onto a CD. I installed the new BootX and when I am booting with it to install YDL 2 the screen gets pink!
Well this problem happened when I installed YDL 1.2.1 and when I checked the option "No Video Driver" all worked good. But not this time, even with that checked option the screen still gets pink, I tryed both ramdisks (the graphical and the text one) and still gets pink! The only way that I find so the screen wouldn't get pink was copying the old kernel (vmlinux) of the YDL 1.2.1 into the System Folder of my Mac OS replacing the new kernel that BootX installer have installed. Now booting the screen doesn't get pink but it crashes even before the instalation program have started...
My hardware is a PowerBook G3 of first generation, also known as Kanga. The processor is 250Mhz and it has 160Mb of RAM.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advantage,

Luis Santos Marques.