Re: date and time sync

Subject: Re: date and time sync
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 13:12:23 MDT

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> how do I get date and time synch'd with a time server under YDL2? My MOL
>> Mac clock is fine (except it goes to Stockholm on every reboot) - but my
>> Linux clock is off a bit.
>
>You're looking for xntpd.
>
>Use "ntpdate -s" in your startup scripts to set the time properly on
>reboot, and then use ntpd to keep the time synchronised over time.

 I don't have ntpdate on any of my machines (including my powerbook which
has the 'Everything' install). I've been using rdate (man rdate) and clock
(man clock) and it works fine.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada