Resolution to a current Yup issue.

Subject: Resolution to a current Yup issue.
frazz@lump.mine.nu
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 21:29:22 MDT

Hey all,

        I wanted to let you all know about an issue that I had with yup
and the message it gives is incorrect and leads you to a URI that does not
have the data required.

Message given by current YUP install:
root@lump:(~)# yup update
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...
Checking for package list updates...
Logging in anonymously...
Error: 530 Looking for Yellow Dog Linux? Please access
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/

The provided URL/URI is incorrect you need to add a little some thing to
it to make it work. It should be changed to this for the current system:
 ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.0/

Here is what my yup.conf file looks like now that works:

-- begin yup.conf --
.master http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/yup/yup.master.txt
.dist-option Yellow Dog Linux release 2.0
.arch-option ppc
.begin mirror-option
  .name Yellow Dog Linux Official FTP (use a mirror)
  .country USA
# .addr
ftp://ftp.terrasoftsolutions.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.0/
  .addr ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.0/
  .name Yellow Dog Linux Official FTP (use a mirror)
  .arch ppc SRPMS
-- end yup.conf --

I hope this is useful info to the group.

        -Frazz