Re: Switching to GNOME

Subject: Re: Switching to GNOME
From: Tom Halford (thalford@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 13:37:31 MDT

if you log with text mode (ie have to execute startx yourself) you should
be able to run startgnome...this approach is usefule because you can
switch between the two easily (while gnome as a whole seems less buggy
than kde, koffice's word processor is farther along in development than
abiword so bothgnome and kde have their merits)

tom halford