Re: YDL and UPS and scsi tape back ups

Subject: Re: YDL and UPS and scsi tape back ups
From: Robert Vogt IV (robert@arborhost.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 18:16:09 MDT

        Robert,

> Is anyone using a YDL box to manage a UPS? If so, what type and how is it?

        I'm using one of our BackUPS Pro 650's connected to a YDL 1.2.1
Starmax 4200 w/ a PC serial to Mac serial converter. I'm running NUT (the
UPS management software) ... a quick look @ arborsearch.com should reveal
the URL... ;) Anyway - it works wonderfully - I have the rest of the
machines reading UPS information from it and have the other YDL boxes
hooked up to that UPS set up to shutdown in the event of a long power
failure, etc.

                        Sincerely,

                        Robert Vogt IV
                        ArborHost