Re: Postfix install errors

Subject: Re: Postfix install errors
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 23:36:51 MDT

>Following Brian Watson's directions of 8/11/01, I installed Postfix and when
>I entered the start command I got the following response:
>
>postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory flush: Permission denied
>postfix/postfix-script: fatal: Postfix integrity check failed!
>
>What did I do wrong?
>
>I could start over, but I don't know how to uninstall all of the files I
>just made.
>
>All help will be appreciated. I'm just learning about Linux.

My directions? :) I don't remember posting any directions... I was
inquiring about how to configure sendmail, when someone told me to
use postfix. I didn't have much luck compiling postfix, and I
figured out how to use sendmail (and now qpopper). If you're wanting
a pop3 server, qpopper is about as easy as it gets. Compile the
files, drop it in your favorite path, and get inetd to recognize it.
:)

--Brian