Re: Qpopper running! (Spoke too soon)

Subject: Re: Qpopper running! (Spoke too soon)
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 01:15:37 MDT

Brian Watson wrote:

> Qpopper works fine, but there's one problem... I have to manually
> start popper when I reboot the machine. How can I configure my
> server to automatically execute:
>
> /usr/local/lib/popper
>
> at startup?

Depends on whether Qpopper is supposed to run from inetd (or xinetd), or
whether it runs as a daemon all the time. The docs should tell you which
is possible.

If it runs as a daemon, you should find a script for it in the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ directory that starts it up when the machine starts.
To switch these scripts "on" or "off" use the chkconfig command - it
will handle all the symbolic link magic in the rcX.d directorys to get
it to work.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon