Re: Epson Stylus Color 480 SXU.

Subject: Re: Epson Stylus Color 480 SXU.
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 05:21:57 MDT

Jose,

Kernels from terraplex are probably easier to use and will have the most
common options built in. You need to build your own kernel if additional
features are required by an application that you want to run or if you want
to use hardware for which support is not compiled into the terraplex kernel.

The first 2.4.x kernel release that was "officially" recognised as suitable
for ppc systems was 2.4.7. This is available from kernel.org. People like
Ben Herrenshmidt and Paul Mackerras do a great job on porting new features
to linux for ppc but their kernels may not be entirely stable - use at your
own risk!

  Iain