Re: Getting YDL 2.0 to see the network

Subject: Re: Getting YDL 2.0 to see the network
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 21:37:16 MDT

>I recently installed YDL 2.0 on my 7600. It sees and installs the
>appropriate drivers, however, I am unable to connect to the internet. I am
>sitting behind a Linksys Broadband router. I am unable to ping or connect
>to the router, even though it is seeing my machine as part of the private
>network. What do I need to do in order to connect to the net?
>
>Randy

I'm just curious how you have your network configured. I have a
linksys broadband router as well. I have my 6500 configured
manually, with a static IP address. I haven't had any problems with
DHCP though, but it sounds like you're lacking DNS servers on your
linux box. Depending on how you have your router setup (it should
automatically provide them with DHCP), you are probably better off
listing them manually.

--Brian